Mr Muhd Shamir Abdul Rahim is currently the Managing Director of Sypher Labs Pte Ltd. He has several years’ experience in clinical sales & marketing in Fortune 500 companies. He was at Sanofi-Aventis for three years, covering the cardiovascular drug portfolio and was also in the cardiac surgery division at Medtronic. As a business development manager for an incubator, he has helped launch several biomedical start-ups. Earlier, as an overseas intern in Philadelphia, he managed for a year the ‘deal flow’ of business plans at First Round Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm. He graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) as a University Scholar with a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biomedical Science, and a Minor in Technopreneurship, which he attained while on the NUS Overseas College programme at the University of Pennsylvania. He pursued his honours research on stem cell therapy in regenerative bone treatment at the Institute of Molecular Cell Biology (IMCB), an A*STAR research institution.
- Director, AMP (2012 – present)
- President, Young AMP (2014 – present)
- Vice President, Young AMP (2012 – 2014)
- Member, Board of Management, Young AMP (2005 – present)
- Board Member, Advisory, CLF-Labs
- Member, “Future City” Sub-Committee, Committee for Future Economy, MND
- Member, National Integration Working Group-Community (NIW-C), MCCY