Volunteering is a fulfilling experience that allows you to discover yourself. It gives you the opportunity to touch the lives of others, share your strengths and interests through community work and also interact with like-minded individuals.
The success of AMP’s programmes is made possible with the help of volunteers like yourself!
Youth Enrichment Programme (YEP)
AMP provides training for interested individuals who wish to be a YEP Mentor so as to equip them with the skills to work with the youths in the programme. Those who wish to come onboard as mentors do not need to have any prior experience. What is required is your genuine interest in the future of our youths, and loads of energy and commitment! Come and join us if you would like to inspire these young hearts to maximise their potential and build a better future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- BE a role model for our youths
- PROVIDE academic guidance in English and Mathematics
- CONDUCT, assist and facilitate the personal development activities of YEP
- ADVISE, guide and supervise participants competently, diligently and professionally
- MONITOR and ensure healthy attendance
- UPDATE AMP through report submissions on participants’ personal and academic progress
Becoming a YEP Mentor
The requirements of a YEP mentor are as follows:
- Minimum ‘O’ Levels qualifications, with at least B3 for both English and Mathematics
- Polytechnic and JC students who meet the above requirements are also invited to apply
- Must be able to teach English and Mathematics to Secondary 1 to Secondary 5 students
- Willing to commit every Tuesday, Thursday and/or Saturday on a consistent basis
- Pleasant personality
- Strong interest and passion in working with young people
- Able to provide ad-hoc assistance in youth programmes as facilitators/volunteers
AMP, as a movement of professionals, is always on a lookout for like-minded individuals who share our interests in uplifting the Malay/Muslim community. AMP welcomes you to come on board as part of our network.
Types of Memberships
- Open to Singaporean Muslims who are degree or diploma holders, or those with professional qualifications
- Entrepreneurs and individuals in management positions
Members under this category are entitled to attend and vote at AMP’s annual general meetings
- Muslim applicants who do not meet the above criteria
- Undergraduates of tertiary institutions or colleges are also eligible to join. Upon graduation, the membership may be upgraded to ‘Ordinary’ upon member’s request
- Non-Muslim professionals
AMP was incorporated in Singapore as a company limited by guarantee without a share capital. Each ordinary member undertakes to contribute to the assets of the Company in the event of it being wound up while he is a member, or within one year after he ceases to be a member, for payment of the debts and liabilities of the Company contracted before he ceases to be a member and of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up, such amount as may be required but not exceeding S$100.
1) Complete our application form (kindly ensure all details are accurate for fields, Part A to F) and submit it to us via mail at AMP @ Pasir Ris, 1 Pasir Ris Drive 4, #05-11, Singapore 519457 or email to email@example.com.
2) Complete our online application form here.
No membership fee is applicable for both categories. All membership applications will be processed within 14 working days.
Looking for collaborations or have a ground-up initiative you wish to explore?
Get the latest updates on our upcoming events, volunteering opportunities and exclusive invites by joining the AMP Community!