The Debt Advisory Centre (DAC), which was launched in 2013, is a one-stop centre that assists individuals facing debt problems through a three-pronged approach: advice, educate and research. It provides a roadmap for debtors to have a clearer picture of the options that are available to them.
In addition, DAC clients attend support group sessions where they share their experiences and gain emotional support from others facing the same problem. They also attend financial literacy workshops to prevent them from creating new debts while they work to resolve their current debt issues.
DAC also acts as a platform to collect data for research on the extent of the debt problem within the Malay/Muslim community.
The Debt Advisory Centre (DAC) is open to individuals from all races and religious affiliations, who are facing debt problems.
- One-to-one consultation (open to public)
- Support group sessions (for registered clients only)
- Seminar & workshops (for registered clients only)
- Call the AMP Helpline at 6416 3960 or 6416 3961 to make an appointment for assessment, or (note: underlined formatting apply)
- Walk in to the AMP @ Pasir Ris office at Level 5, 1 Pasir Ris Drive 4 on Mondays to Fridays from 10am to 5pm (except public holidays)
- For further enquiries about the programme, contact: