PLEDGE OF FAIR EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
AMP was recognised under the Tripartite Alliance for Fair & Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) as at 5 March 2018 for its commitment to fair employment practices.
The Tripartite partners – the Ministry of Manpower, the National Trades Union Congress, and the Singapore National Employers Federation – have a shared vision for Singapore to be one of the best places in the world to work; a place where every worker is given an equal opportunity for employment, rewarded according to his or her merit, treated fairly and with respect, and given the opportunity to optimise his or her unique talents; a place where businesses are able to attract, develop and retain valued employees, and create a harmonious and inclusive work environment, where employees are highly motivated and contribute their fullest to their organisations and the economy.
AMP shares this vision and will adopt five key principles of fair employment practices:
- Recruit and select employees on the basis of merit (such as skills, experience or ability to perform the job) and regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities or disability.
- Treat employees fairly and with respect, and implement progressive human resource management systems.
- Provide employees with equal opportunity to be considered for training and development based on their strengths and needs to help them achieve their full potential.
- Reward employees fairly based on their ability, performance, contributions and experience.
- Abide by labour laws and adopt the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices.
We believe that the effective implementation of fair employment practices will bring about a more harmonious and progressive work environment within our organisation and contribute towards making Singapore a great place to work