Mr Abdul Hamid Abdullah is an Executive Advisor (Risk Management, Audit and Regulatory Technology), Straits Interactive Pte Ltd which delivers data protection services and end to end governance, risk and compliance solutions that enable businesses to create a trusted business environment. He retired from an audit director’s role in the Auditor-General’s Office Singapore after 38 years of auditing experience in the public sector, which includes financial statements audit, compliance audits, IT and information security audits, performance audits, and other operational audits.
He is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), a Chartered Accountant of Singapore (CA Singapore) and a Fellow of the Institute of Internal Auditors (FIIA) Singapore.
He was an International Vice-President of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), and also Vice-President of the IT Governance Institute (ITGI) from 2002 to 2006. Prior to this, he served on the ISACA Research Foundation (1999 – 2001) and was President of the ISACA Singapore Chapter from 1996 to 1998. He served as a Council member of the Association of Information Security Professionals (AISP) from 2008 to 2009. He is a Governor of the Institute of Internal Auditors Singapore (IIAS) since 2004 and currently serves as the Treasurer.
He was an adjunct lecturer for COBIT in the Institute of Systems Science (ISS), National University of Singapore (NUS) from 2007 to 2017 and an Associate Professor in NUS teaching IT audits to Accountancy students in 2010. He is a course leader in CISA certification and courses related to Information Security and IT Audit at the IIAS Academy and the Singapore Institute of TechnologyCommunity Involvement
- Director, AMP (1998 – 2003; 2006 – 2011; 2013 – present)
- Chairman, AMP Group (2016 – present)
- Chairman, Audit & Governance Committee (2008 – 2015)
- Vice-Chairman, AMP (2008 – 2009)
- Co-Chairman, Madrasah Wak Tanjong (2018 – present)
- Trustee, LBKM Fund (2016 – present)
- Director, Era Dance Theatre (2015 – present)
- Director, Hope Villages Fund (2014 – present)
- Manager, Footvolley Association of Singapore (2014 – present)
- Member, Bedok CCMC (2008 – present)
- Vice President, Persatuan Islam & Pencaksilat Singapura (2013 – 2017)
- Management Committee Member, Casa Raudha Women Home (2008 – 2015)
- Trustee, TAA Fund (2008 – 2012)
- Member, Malay Programme Advisory Committee, MDA (2005 – 2015)