The Centre for Research on Islamic and Malay Affairs (RIMA), a subsidiary of AMP, is looking to employ suitably qualified candidates who are capable of working with our present team to assume the following positions:
1. Centre Manager
RIMA’s Centre Manager is primarily responsible for the Centre’s day-to-day administration & operations, supporting the full spectrum of research initiatives and engagement programmes. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the candidate would be responsible for the following duties:
- Set the strategic direction of RIMA’s research work
- Oversee and manage the administrative and operations of the Centre
- Maintain and monitor the Centre’s overall budget including grant administration
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and new initiatives that support the strategic direction of RIMA
- Organise conferences, workshops, seminars, training programs and other activities of the Centre
- Supervise the research staff and officer
- A recognised university degree in any discipline.
- Experience in social sciences or business and management will be an advantage.
- Preferably 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to manage finance with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good writing and communication skills, with good command of English.
- Proficiency in Malay and another relevant language will be an added advantage, in order to liaise with Malay speaking associates.
- Experience in editorial work and overseeing publications.
- Strong networking capacity with an awareness of the Malay/Muslim community would be an added advantage.
2. Research Analyst/Associate
- Produce quality research on specific topic(s) assigned by the Board
- Analyse data and provide write-up
- Present complex information effectively to a range of audience
- Oversee contents, editing and publishing of publications both in print and electronic media
- Draft proposals and provide links for research grants/funding and applications
- Review RIMA’s research output and make recommendations to the Board
- Publish articles/opinion pieces on relevant issues affecting the Malay/Muslim community
- Organise events and conduct fieldwork
- Establish network within the Malay establishments as well as the mainstream institutions
- Fresh degree in social science or other relevant disciplines
- Those with some research work experience and higher qualification would be considered for higher position
- Knowledge of research techniques and methodologies
- Experience in organising seminars and conferences
- Experience in editorial work and overseeing publications
- Proficiency in English and Malay and another relevant language will be an added advantage, in order to liaise with Malay speaking associates
- Strong networking capacity would be an added advantage
- Awareness of the dynamic of the Malay/Muslim community be an added advantage
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the right qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidates.
Interested individuals can send in their resume attached with a recent passport size photograph, stating the current and expected salary to:
Human Resource Department
c/o AMP Singapore
AMP @ Pasir Ris, 1 Pasir Ris Drive 4, #05-11
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview.